Major cases of tooth decay or dental fractures cannot be treated using dental bonding or fillings. More substantive restorations will be necessary to address the structural damage to the teeth. That is where dental crowns can help. Dental crowns are caps that fit over seriously damaged or decayed teeth, protecting them from further harm and restoring a person’s ability to bite and chew.
Here at Gulch Dental Studio, we’re proud to offer many types of dental crowns to meet the needs of patients in the greater Nashville, TN area. e.max® dental crowns can be especially effective. Let’s cover the basics of these kinds of advanced tooth-colored ceramic restorations below.
About e.max® Crowns
e.max® crowns are one of the latest and most advanced tooth-colored dental crowns used today. Comprised of monolithic lithium disilicate ceramic, e.max® crowns are made with durability and appearance in mind. They are a preferable alternative to crowns with metal components and even other kinds of all-ceramic restorations.
Ideal Candidates for e.max® Crowns
Good candidates for e.max® dental crowns are people who suffer from major tooth decay or tooth fractures that necessitate advanced restorative care. They should have enough healthy tooth structure remaining to support a crown. If not, other options to treat the problem will need to be considered.
The Advantages of e.max® Crowns
Some of the key advantages of e.max® crowns are as follows:
- Perfect Tooth Color Match - e.max® crowns allow for a highly precise match of tooth color for improved aesthetics.
- Translucent Ceramic - e.max® crowns are slightly translucent, which helps them blend in seamlessly with your natural tooth structure.
- Durable and Sturdy - e.max® crowns are able to withstand the normal wear and tear of biting and chewing without sustaining damage.
- Light Weight - Even though e.max® crowns are durable, they do not weight a lot, making them feel light and natural in your mouth when they are in place.
- Easy Tooth Prep - Thanks to their design, e.max® crowns do not require complicated preparation to be placed by dentists.
- Compatible with Various Dental Technologies - e.max® crowns can be crafted at off-site dental labs or be created in offices with their own dedicated milling units. The versatility and effectiveness of e.max® crowns is remarkable.
The Results of Getting e.max® Crowns
After getting e.max® crowns placed, patients are able to laugh, smile, speak, bite, and chew just like they did before their required a restoration. The e.max® crown will feel natural in the mouth, and will last for years to come with proper oral hygiene and regular checkups with the dentist.
Are e.max® Crowns Right for Me?
Most patients would benefit from getting e.max® crowns placed if they have damaged teeth or suffer from advanced tooth decay. As we noted above, though, there are other restoration options available if e.max® crowns are not ideal. During your visit to the practice, we can assess your situation and determine if e.max® crowns are the right option for you and your needs.
Learn More About Dental Crowns
For more information about improving the health and appearance of your smile, be sure to contact our cosmetic and restorative dentistry center. We at Gulch Dental Studio are here to help. You can reach us by phone at (615) 490-0597.